add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments and suggestions for my build please.:)

Songster
  • 72 months ago

Hello all,

Well, I finally ordered on my parts for my first build, and I'm very excited about putting it all together!

Here's my link, and tell me what you think: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/332DH

I also have a 24" Dell S2440L for the monitor, and for the sound, I have Audioengine A2 speakers.

Also, I'm still undecided about going with a Samsung EVO 120G SSD for the Windows 8.1 boot, as I believe the, Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive will suffice, that I selected.

Thanks for taking the time for reading this, and PLEASE leave comments! :):)

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

that build looks good, have fun with it. :)

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Case! I am excited about doing my first build.:)

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

I warn you though once you get into computers, there's no return to the "real world" :) lol

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi again Case!

You know what? I think you are RIGHT! I'm so excited about doing this build, that I am having a difficult time going to sleep! lol!

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

I know the feeling lol

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good and yes the usual mechanical HDD will boot just fine, although not quite as fast. Personally I don't mind a slower boot time haha.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Matt!

Thanks for the comment! I just keep thinking about the cost to per gig aspect of it all, in regards to SSDs. I know the prices has went down on SSDs, but I just believe that the prices will eventually level out, to make the price points more justified for them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube