add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU sag with this MBO?

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

In my personal experience, sagging is usually a problem with the design of the GPU. I have two STRIX 970s that both sag but I currently have a 280X and a 560Ti that don't sag at all, or at least not noticeably. Best solution is one of those brackets that are specifically designed to help with sagging. Alternatively you can just zip tie it to take some of the weight off of the PCIe slot depending on your case design.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thx!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

small lego towers work pretty good as a support and can look pretty cool. I personally went with one of these cuz the Aorus 1080 ti cooler is massive.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999357

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I do have lots of legos in boxes somewhere thx!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

To answer your question, this mobo has reinforced PCI-E slot (Asus calls SafeSlot) which helps reduce or eliminate GPU sag. Plus your GPU has a good backplate. These should help a lot. I have a different Asus mobo (Z370-E) with the same PCI-E slots, and they do a great job holding up my FTW3 (doesn't look like it's sagging ... but I haven't pulled out a level to check). No guarantees but a good combo.

What the mobo can't help with is any sag caused by your case. A good video from JayzTwoCents on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOXYE3hx_JY

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thx!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube