• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TurtleMann85 1 month ago

The search for the perfect fitting keyboard is one brutal process. Since I do not just game I didn’t want a keyboard that made a lot of noise but also had great response such as the Cherry MX reds. Before landing on the strafe I thought I found the perfect fit...the Corsair K68: dedicated media keys, great RBG lighting, great software, but the keys are too loud. Hence why I landed on the Corsair strafe but it’s also 60$ more, no dedicated media keys, does come with switchable keys though. -Razer quality is bad...that’s a no go. -Logitech is decent but didn’t like their keyboards, buttons felt mushy instead of responsively quiet.

Not really sure where to look next, and Best Buy really is my only store to test some of these models unfortunately. Really don’t want a 150$ keyboard, that’s basically half the price of my GPU and more expensive than my monitor

Comments Sorted by:

AverageGangMember 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I would suggest something from ducky shine or g.skill. G.skill keyboards typically have all that fancy stuff for pretty cheap with cherry switches.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I went with the Corsair K55...giving it another chance. It’s a membrane style with RGB. Works great though so far, no disconnects...yet. But for 50$ it gives me dedicated media Keys, quiet but response membrane keys. I love the mix cherrys but I can’t stand the sound and the strafe for 150$ is just absurd and comes with nothing but better RGB mechanics.

If I had my choice it would the Corsair Cherry Mx red silent, which is the strafe but a cut down version with just red lighting

[comment deleted by staff]
TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Well everywhere I look recently, Razer has some more issues than its competition.

Thanks for the lesson but do you actually have a suggestion?