add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

When do new nvidia GPU's launch?

ReverseFlash

22 months ago

Basically the title has there been a confirmed launch date?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Also expecting to know when the release date is. The latest rumors point to July, but don't hold your breath; these types of rumors have been wrong many times before.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah im anxious to see the performance compared to the current gen of cards

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

The memory starts production in July cards will not be available till well after since they need the memory to even start working on card production.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Why is there a season for memory production? I would think with current demand they could run those factories 24/7/365, and still not keep up.

Or are you saying that the next gen cards are going to be equipped with a type of memory that is not being manufactured right now?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Or are you saying that the next gen cards are going to be equipped with a type of memory that is not being manufactured right now?

The GDDR6 isn't starting production ramp up till late June-early July so production cannot take place until after memory is available.

Samsung after having to divert the majority of production to Chinese markets is getting shut out of most card production so we are waiting on Micron and SK Hynix.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess its good that they will finally be moving away from GDDR5. Here is hoping that the GDDR6 process is fairly efficient, and they can ramp up fast. My wife is demanding a VR system, and I just can't buy a 2 year old 10xx chip at the price premium they are getting now. For new stuff perhaps.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

The lower-mid range models are likely to still use GDDR5 NVidia on Pascal still isn't limited by bandwidth at least up to the 1070 performance levels.

But since it's a completely new architecture that's guessing.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Also does anyone know if the next gen will work with a b350 board

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes they will be PCI-E 3.0 compatible.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Launch dates cannot be set until card production is available.

Right now everything is waiting on memory to start production before everything else can be figured out.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thx for answer!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Im so excited about this new gen. Specially since the cheap 1050 Ti works great in my build, so what about next gen? :P

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Wondering if prices will remain high. I bought my STRIX 1080 ti OC edition for $850 and now it’s selling for $1000+ smh

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

the prices of current gen cards will drop alot and the new gen cards will be sold out imeadiatly unless nvidia bans crypto mining on the new cards for a few months

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

How would they do that? Intentionally botch a shift instruction (I think at one point that was why AMDs ran circles around nVidia on SHA256)? Have same instruction botched in microcode and repairable via download in a few months (and guard that microcode)? I suspect that GPU companies are more than happy to sell to miners.

Remember, nvidia's important customers are the AI developers (and supercomputer users) buying Teslas. They've developed an entirely new architecture for them [volta] while ignoring the graphics cards entirely (unless you count Titan V). I doubt Nvidia is crying about their mining profits.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

im not sure of the performance impact for that type of user but it would allow them to sell all of thier stock of 10 series cards

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube