• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

CleVrFX 4 months ago

i am thinking of either getting a Zowie EC2-B or a Razer Deathadder Elite. im mainly getting them for the shape and the fact that it can go to 400 dpi. im playing csgo and i want to make the best choice

Comments Sorted by:

Cazza_ 2 points 3 months ago

I would also suggest trying out both mice in store if you can. They are kind of similar mice, so you won't be hugely disadvantaged if you go with one or the other.

Edition1 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

Zowie has way better build quality than razer. I think their mice tend to be simple and are very focused on performance and quality, whereas razer cares about looks and they use their brand to increase price..

Zowie also has very good sensors

cheeseandram 1 point 4 months ago

Elite has a slightly better sensor but is heavier, Zowie is lighter. I'd choose whatever you prefer the weight of.

crichardson26 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

The zowie mice are praised for amazing build quality and shape, whilst not being so flashy

Fiuzen 1 point 3 months ago

i would choose a BenQ Zowie Ec1-A. rly nice. confy and big

TopHatArmy 1 point 3 months ago

If I had a big hand, the EC1-B

EbolaChan 1 point 3 months ago

I love my deathadder elite, I would recommend it.

vulcan2512 -1 points 4 months ago

zowie is way better than razer lol

[comment deleted]
cheeseandram 1 point 3 months ago

Deathadder is expensive

They're the same price over here, not sure how it is in the US though

worse sensor

3989 optical vs 3310 optical. Not much of a difference, if anything the 3989 is superior. Some don't like the 3310, I personally wouldn't care if I got either because they're both top sensors.

nicer shape

Shape is entirely personal preference

Cazza_ 1 point 3 months ago

I mean, almost everything with mice is personal preference, was just giving my experience :) I guess the main reason I have always preferred Zowie mice is due to the simple yet functional build quality. They aren't over designed, unlike most other 'gaming' products, which come with unnecessary bells and whistles, and it really frustrates me when people buy products because of the way they look. Also, Zowie mice tend to be more designed for FPS games, hence the weight and shape/size (the OP said they were going to play CS)

vulcan2512 1 point 3 months ago

zowie mice are known as having the best shapes for mice, specifically the fk and ec series

cheeseandram 1 point 3 months ago

It's about what works best for you though, not what is considered the best. Whilst I wouldn't recommend it, the Razer Diamondback, for instance, is said to have a bad shape, but there are people who prefer tthe narrow shape of it.