• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

EdGun 4 months ago

I bought a Corsair K70 Lux MX Brown keyboard. Great board, but it's a lot louder than I thought it would be and is driving my wife crazy. I have a habit of pounding the keys.

I may just install O rings but was wondering if you all knew of any quiet mechanical keyboards out there?

Comments Sorted by:

Ender_Mist 1 Build 2 points 4 months ago

Topre is expensive but feels great and is really quiet (quieter than the quietest mechanical switches). You can also do MX silents, which are pretty awesome.

crichardson26 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

A steel series mechanical keyboard with qs1 switches is very quiet

cheeseandram 1 point 4 months ago

There's the option of getting a keyboard with a black switch and fitting O-Rings, however black switches are pretty stiff. Cherry MX Silents can do the trick as well, and the Strafe can go pretty cheap nowadays

_Dreamist 1 point 4 months ago

If you want to stay with a Corsair keyboard, then there's the Strafe RGB, and a K70 Lux RGB. Both have Cherry MX Silent switches.

MARKELL00F 1 point 4 months ago

For me i bought Logitech G910 because it quite and it has awesome looking .

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Just a hint, having installed O-rings this week for the same reason, they only affect the sound of "bottoming out" and not the actual switch actuation noise. So, test the switch actuation sound level by lightly pressing the key until it clicks without letting it touch the bottom of the switch slot. If this click is fine for you, add the O-rings. If it's still too loud, save your money and get a quieter switch type.

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

Depends on your budget, there are all sorts of silent switches or simply linear switches you can try.

EdGun submitter 1 point 4 months ago

Well, I just installed the O-rings, and I am very happy with the dampening sound. The keys make a pleasant dull thudding sound now. I used the red, smaller O-rings and I have the mx brown keys.

[comment deleted]

Haha-well I could but I'm afraid I'd isolate too much and it would be bad for our relationship.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Any worse than making her want to kill you due to switch noises? lol

[comment deleted by staff]

That's my plan. I ordered red O-rings today. Looking forward to installing them.