add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP ASAP

PSG3
  • 24 months ago

I recently got done with my pc build. Everything turns on besides the case fans but when I do turn it on. The computer comes on for a couple of seconds and completely power off. I have no idea what the problem is

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Double check all cables and connections (unplug and plug back in). Is the CPU power plug connected to the mainboard? Reseat GPU and RAM sticks or try with just one stick of RAM. Do a CMOS reset as mentioned in the motherboard manual.

Last but not least since it seems to happen to some people from time to time, make sure you didn't accidently plug the Floppy drive power connector into a fan connector.

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I can’t really do that bc it’s my first time turning it on/just finished it. Then I started having this issue. The less on the motherboard keeps lighting up the cpu lettering and idk if that’s has anything to do with it

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think it could be the CPU connectors?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube