add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Fishboy9449
  • 24 months ago

This PC is mostly going to be used as a media PC, watching up to 4K video's/movies and I am looking for a bit of extra info/help on these builds.

The questions are as follows:

-Is there any way currently to drop the price point below 600$. I don't want to skimp out on something that would be considered essential/beneficial for gaming and would prefer something like an SSD for bootup/some games etc. as well as 16gb of RAM unless it would benefit more.

-In this current market/time frame, is 16GB of RAM needed for such tasks like watching 4K video's/movies and gaming?

-Can the Vega 11 iGPU handle 4K video/movies?

-Is the SSD/16GB totally necessary? This would be for ultimate budget cuts if I absolutely need to.(This might be a repeat from #1 and I apologize ahead of time).

All 3 ITX Gaming/HTPC Builds that I have saved:

Build 1

Build 2

Build 3

Any feedback will greatly help me through this build!

Thank you!

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fishboy9449/saved/k9QWXL

Or would this be a decent option?(Extreme budget, little to no gaming)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The only video card I see on any of those is the GTX 1030. Which isn't exactly a gaming beast. I think if your planning on playing games on any of those configurations your going to have to set graphics on ultra low.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

That was the plan, more so watching movies with gaming on the side. (ultra low)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You can’t get a legal Windows license for that cheap. Any license that isn’t sold by authorized retailers, I.E Amazon, are illegal keys. Illegal keys violate Microsofts ToS, helps funds a crime, can be deactivated at any time by microsoft, and opens up additional vulnerabilities in your system. These keys violate the site’s rules.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Never said I was getting a key in an illegal way?

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

But if you are student you should see if you can get a Windows Pro license for free from your school- legally! Thats what I did. It may expire when I graduate (not really sure) but thats a problem for another time.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I am in school and thats what my plan was, didn't know if they charge you a fee or not so I put like around a quarter of it's value down just in case.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's not from Microsoft, it's not a legal key.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube