add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to re-enable iGPU?

JarJarJamal
  • 23 months ago

Im pretty sure I turned the integrated graphics off through device manager a while ago for some reason or another that I can't remember, and more recently my GPU fried so now I can't use the computer as the iGpu is turned off (I'm pretty sure) so what steps can I take to try and re-enable the iGpu because there's no way in hell im gonna be spending 800 dollars for a 1070.

PC specs: I7-4790k Asus z97-a usb3.1 R9 390x

(Purchased and build right before release of skylake, I never played intensive games on it. I only played games like unturned, cs:go, tf2, and pubg)

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

It most likely was disabled know your BIOS. Some computers won't switch on the iGPU unless the GPU is removed, so make sure to try that. Now for your bios, consult you motherboard manual to clear the CMOS. This will (should) reset bios settings to default.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

bump bump bump

Not sure why no one's suggested this yet.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Buy a cheap gt 510 off eBay?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can find it in the mess of screws and LED strips...

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a 460 but ok.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Same principle

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Did he turn it off in BIOS or device manager?

If in device manager, will it not work in safe-mode?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I turned it off in device manager, and my ded gpu is broke. I haven't tried getting it to work in safe mode, how do I do that?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

after the post screen, when windows starts to load press F8 to get options to start in safe mode, normally or last known good configuration.

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 2 points

How can they check the bios if the igpu is disabled?

[comment deleted]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

How do I check the bios when I can't get a signal from the mobo or the gpu lol

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube