add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How far can I overclock A 1600x?

ReverseFlash
  • 24 months ago

Basically the title how far can I OC a 1600x without hurting it?

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

As far as it allows you, that could be 10Ghz. Voltage is what kills, not speed.

Voltage is ultimately the limiting factor for Ryzen when it comes to overclocking since thermals aren't a issue for it compared to something like a i9 which runs as hot as the sun. You don't want to go past 1.4V so at the most you may top out at 4.1Ghz or 4.2Ghz and what you can actually hit will come down to the silicon lottery.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

cool

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the CPU. Its called the silicon lottery. Really, overclocks can vary from batch to batch, so one CPU can go 5.3 and another 4.8. Probably, you will get to 3.9 GHz...

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx for response! ok cool

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The first two numbers could be real for an Intel CPU (the first number seems too optimistic though) and the third number could be real for an Ryzen processor regardless the series.

So, at the end, the best you could possibly achieve on an Ryzen 1000 series processor is an OC up to 4.0GHz. (or near to that)

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx for response! Cool

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem ;)

With a bit of luck and that 240mm AIO and with that Asus board, you could very well get it near to 4.0GHz.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your cooler? What temperatures do you get while having your standard clock speed?

Cheers!

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

cooler master ML240L rgb and still ordering parts

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I can order new cooler if it gets to hot im just wondering whats a safe OC thx!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I personally wouldn't recommend crossing the 4,2GHz line. It is because the CPU reaches higher temperatures compared to overall performance. I'll finally say; 4.2GHz is the optimal option I would go for.

Cheers!

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

thx! :D

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Go in expecting at least 3.8GHz across all cores because after that it is all luck. You might have gotten the golden Ryzen chip and hit 4.2GHz or you might be SOL and only hit 3.8GHz. Best of luck though!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx! :D

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No one did hit 4.2 GHz on a Ryzen without a crash. (as far as i know)

I think the max. possible was 4.15GHz but only booting up to the desktop.

After running an benchmark application, everything went black. lol

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

There is this 1600x at 4.2Ghz but these are very few and far between. Maybe around the top .5% hit 4.2Ghz.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what voltage you use, and where your temps lie. Really dependant on the silicon lottery.

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thx for quick response! I'll remember that

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube