add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 450W PSU good enough for my build?

ReverseFlash

22 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fTYQV6

Because this is my first build idk about any overclocking yet but the PSU that I purchased is a little above 50W more than the Estimated is that good enough? or do I need more Watts

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You have more than enough room. This build will only draw 250-300 watts.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Its plenty of power. PCPP always over estimates. You would be lucky to break the 300W mark.

• 22 months ago
  • 0 points

probably not. Leave at least 100 watts of head room. Go with a 650 watt psu if you want to be safe.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

And Btw thx so much for responding!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s more than enough. PCPP calculator way overestimate wattage requirements. It’ll draw more like 250-300 watts under heavy loads.

As for the 100 watt headroom, a good PSU can handle any load 24/7 without fault within its warranty period. So unless your build is truely drawing 400 watts on a 450 watt PSU and you intend to overclock, then yes, up it to a 550 watt.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah im getting a 240mm radiator for CPU cooler and considering that ill probably overclock so ill probably bump it up. thx for response!

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, since your build only draws around 300 watts and that Ryzen is efficient, you still won’t need more than a 450 unit.

A 240mm AIO would actually be a waste as Ryzen is limited by its architecture, not thermals. A Cryorig H7 can achieve the same clocks as the AIO, and the H7 is 30-40$.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

650W is just a waste of money (if it's more expensive than 550w or 450w).

Zero need to go above 550w.

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all thx for responding! So I absolutely agree with you about the memory and all the other Stuff but with the memory I actually had that exact memory selected on my build but then found out the one i had selected was made for intel platforms so a further investigated checked the SKU to make sure i had the same one made for intel platform and i did then found out they a exact copy of it except for AMD platforms so i went looking for it but could not find a model with the same SKU! so thats why i switched to corsairs because they do the same thing one for intel platforms and 1 for amd platforms and was able to find the model for AMD (idk if i just couldn't find it or what ill look again)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

So sorry i am actually incorrect i am talking about the RGB version so the one you selected is compatible? (side note do you know how much storage the OS takes up?)

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thx for help!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube