add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

VGA led red (constant)

JarJarJamal
  • 23 months ago

Ok so before we begin, I know for a fact it's the gpu. SPECS- 4790k, USB Z97-a 3.1, r9 390x

Here's a brief history: So a few months ago (yes it's been a while since this happened), I decided to try and play a different game (rust) other than the one game I always played which was unturned (my internet has horrible bandwidth so I can't download any good games), so anyways for some reason I was getting super low fps, which didn't make sense so i tried to change the settings but it made no difference, so I decided to see if there were any driver updates so I downloaded new drivers (I think they were the same ones I already had), but I don't think I replaced them I just essentially redownloaded them, so anyways nothing changed (Which made no sense because my 390x is a 4K card, and if it could run dying light it should be able to run rust), but all of a sudden the screen started tearing then I turned off the computer and reset it but it still kept tearing. And the SKADOOSH it turned itself off, so I was like oh ****, its fried. So I tried to connect to onboard BUT THEN I REALIZED I TURNED OFF ONBOARD VIDEO DURING TROUBLESHOOTING MY FPS ISSUES. So I took it to the geek squad to turn on the onboard graphics, and diagnose it just in case. All they did was confirm my suspicion, not do what I asked them, and scratched my case, lost grommets, screws, and scratched my side panel.

So i know for sure it's the gpu. The vga light is constant red, which As far as I know means it doesn't recognize the card.

The problem is there's so many possible issues that Idk where to start, but this happened months ago and THANKS TO THOSE CRYPTOMINING PIECES OF **** I CANT GET A NEW GPU, and I can't even use my computer because the integrated graphics are turned off.

I need to find a way to turn on integrated graphics if the ideas you list don't work, so if you can please help me with that too. Thanks

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Flashing the BIOS might let you use the intergrated gpu again

Sounds like your GPU is dead : )

Also you need to uninstall old drivers before installing new ones

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure if it would re-enable the iGPU again, but would clearing CMOS maybe work?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube