add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I really need a gpu

JarJarJamal
  • 27 months ago

It seems like my GPU fried just in time for the GPU market to get its cheeks clapped. I previously had an r9 390x, but when I wanted to play a game OTHER THAN UNTURNED it started tearing and burned out. SKADOOSH THATS ALL FOLKS. So I return to PCPP after several months of absence, and to my great DELIGHT every single GPU is going for double or nearly double the retail price. So naturally I do some research, and here we are. I'm stuck, my computer isn't working, and the integrated GPU is turned off through device manager (my own troubleshooting to see if the gpu was fried), so HERE. I. AM. Is there anything I can do to cop a gpu retail? Do any companies still price their gpu's retail when they release them from their actual website? Because if they do I have no problem getting a bot or taking my chances to get a gpu for the time being.

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Possibly hit up the used market. It is a little screwed up too due to mining but the 780Ti is still solid and so is almost all of the 900 series line. Otherwise 1050Ti is probably going to be your best bet.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Check EVGA's website, they have stock come in every now and then and most of their cards are not nearly as marked up as they are on other retailers sites. Rising memory costs have driven prices up, so everywhere except Nvidia's website is going to be more expensive than they used to be.

Also set up notifications with nowinstock.net for whatever card you need.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I understand my options are limited but are there any other options as reference cards are too loud and don't perform well compared to their aftermarket counterparts.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube