add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermaltake riing 12 rgb porting to mobo

tech_geek100

23 months ago

I have this mobo and i want to add the Thermaltake riing 12 fans, only problem is i dont know where to port the controller to the mobo. I have a water cooler which takes the sys_fan and a fan that blows the radiator takes the cpu_fan. So where do I plug the controller in? Here’s a mobo link https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8QPzK8/gigabyte-ga-h110m-s2h-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-ga-h110m-s2h

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, that's a problem.

Either don't buy those fans with the controller or change the board. ;)

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

How will you do that?

Your AIO has two fans - correct? / and it uses already a 2 in 1 fan splitter for that.

Where will you mount the second 2 in 1 fan splitter?

I wouldn't connect it on the CPU_FAN header of the AIO pump.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

no, there is no 2 in 1 splitter anywhere in this build. there is 1 fan. it has the pump ported to sys_fan and the fan for the radiator ported to the CPU_fan. I'm thinking of plugging the splitter into sys_fan header and having the pump and the fans connected to it. Or should I do the same thing to the CPU_fan header and have the fan for the radiator connected along with the case fans.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Which AIO we are talking about?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

this one https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r7mLrH/thermaltake-cpu-cooler-clw0222 but I found a similar one on amazon with 1 fan which I am using

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

fyi, the pump doesn't have pwm(4 pin) it has 3 pins.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Then you must (or should be able to do so) change the speed of the pump with the variable voltage supplied by the DC header.

Otherwise, because the pump has an 3-pin header it will run at a full speed. ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube