add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What do you like to do in your free time?

Chuck38
  • 27 months ago

Thought it would be cool to get to know some of you better. (Getting closer and closer to turning this site into a dating site...)

Personally, I really enjoy playing trumpet and piano. I've been spending much more of my time working on piano lately since this is my last year of piano lessons and I want to impress my piano teacher at my senior recital.

I've also recently (about two months ago to be exact) began exercising more and really pushing myself to grow stronger. College is coming up in the fall, gotta look good. ;)

And of course gaming. A love greater than all other loves in my life. Sad, but true.. however there are only certain types of games that really suck me in. I really enjoy playing single player campaign games. My absolute favorite series is the Far Cry games and I can't wait for Far Cry 5 to be released! I also really enjoyed playing through Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mafia 2, and Medal of Honor (2010). Just about any game with a good story line, beautiful open world to explore, and lots of action. I do play some free first person shooters every now and then between game releases. Lately I've been playing Heroes and Generals while I wait for Far Cry 5.

I'm really interested in learning how to drive better and I think it would be really cool to get into drifting and racing, but that's gonna have to happen later in the future when I'm on my own and have my own car. I'm thinking it would nice to pick up a Miata and learn on that.

What do you all enjoy doing in your free time?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 12 points

Going on this forum...

• 27 months ago
  • 4 points

My free time always involves computers it seems lately, but also thinking about starting to work out again. I heard it will make you happier and healthier

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

I heard it will make you happier and healthier

It's definitely helped me quite a bit. I started by just going for a run every couple days and then later I began doing more strength training which is what I've been focusing on a lot throughout the past couple months and it's made me mentally healthier and stronger. Also helped me to grow a little physically. ;)

• 27 months ago
  • 3 points

I work on cars and spend time with my fiancee.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Work on cars, drive cars, skateboard, ride my motorcycle, target shoot, build stuff, sleep...

When I was younger, I also drank alot (party's, not like an alcoholic), had sex alot, fought alot (for sport and in real fights), BMX, aggressive roller blading, climbed a ton of buildings, explored alot of haunted places, and all manner of things that may have been on a legal tight rope... Till I got over worked and over weight that is... Haha

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha, and you see I have a negative comment karma because I answered a question honestly lol. That's proof that kids these days just have no idea wtf living means... Too much time indoors. I wasn't even crazy, that was all normal activity in the 90s and early 2000s... Someone even down voted you for commenting! Haha. It's sad. These kids just need to go outside and live a little before they get old and out of shape. I got old and out of shape, and I can say that I miss the younger years and all the crazy action of each new day... Even the stuff that seems routine or boring is more glamorous in hindsight...

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

If these kids has any idea what their parents did at their ages... It would be the equivalent of finding out your a crack baby... Actually, not far off in some cases with all the drugs and meds their parents did lol.

We lived a bit too free and so society did a full 180... Exactly why we lived that way in the first place, as these things seem to happen as reactions to the previous generations... At this rate, kids in the 2030-2040 time period will be the ones who cause an apocalypse when they rebel against the current generation... If kids now think nothing is safe and political correctness must be enforced with an iron fist, then their kids and grand kids will be the ones that flip it again and end up making Mad Max look like a safe place.

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Playing games at home or chilling on the roof at school near me.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Play guitar, fight in cages, and am a youth pastor (not technically "free time", but I usually do things that contribute to this when I have time to spare). That's basically my whole life right now, and I love it.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a Super Moderator on a movie/media website and do a lot of different stuff over there, including an update posting of all new 4K titles coming out. I like to fine tune my movie database and update and add new Blu-rays that I've purchased and watched. I also like to do a little street racing when I get the chance as I have a street tuned car.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

little street racing

Not a smart thing to do.

• 27 months ago
  • -2 points

Why do you say that? I know how to drive extremely well.

• 27 months ago
  • 4 points

Racing on public roads is never a good idea, no matter how skilled you are. I'd keep it on the track.

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

I do take it to the track but I also do it on the street too. I guess that’s where we don’t see eye to eye.

• 27 months ago
  • 3 points

What kind of street racing are you talking about? Like closed road leave on a flashlight proper street racing? Or ricer **** like traffic light o traffic light putting people in danger?

• 27 months ago
  • 3 points

Race on a track, where you can be safe. Racing on the streets causes potential danger to everyone around you including yourself. Knowing how to drive "extremely well" doesn't mean you can or should race on the streets.

Edit: Tiny has a good question though, hopefully if you're doing street reaching you're doing it on a closed road

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

You will never convince the people here that anything is safe... Seriously, the crowd has changed on this site over time and now everyone seems to wear bubble wrap lol

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

What car do you drive?

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

A Scion tC with ram air induction, Type II Dezod Turbo, Catback exhaust and custom turbo manifolds.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Mmm... nice.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

What size turbo and what boost do you run? Are you stock 2az rods?

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

Sounds slow

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like more than most people here have though lol

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like a lot of money to invest into a vehicle with wrong wheel drive

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

This forum... Overwatch, few mobile games, read, eat, or do literally nothing.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I do all that and try very hard to force myself to learn some python or java but always fail and end up playing games. I have yet to find a way to make myself commit to learning java or python, wish I had the will to push through the boring part at the beginning. Maybe it's just like some books, the first time you can't read them and the next time you cant stop, I really hope I can get through my "putting of all the time and later regretting not having started earlier" I have stage soon. I have so much respect for people who are my age and can actually put the dev skills they have learned to good use.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried to learn Ruby got it got boring and I stopped.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Do homework, college resumes (though I'm a sophomore), summer program applications, and various home upkeep projects.

All while gaming.

Playing War Thunder.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I watch movies a lot. Do some reading in bed. Go to dinner. Cook at home a lot, especially on Sundays. I also work out once a day 5-6 days a week for 30-45 minutes.

Lately if I game, it's on the Switch. I haven't played on my PC since December. Sacrilege I know but I don't care; I love being able to just pick up and play instantly. When my GF wants to play, we do Breath of the Wild together taking turns at the controls. Otherwise I am playing Darkest Dungeon or Rocket League.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

My fiancee and I do this a lot. We play single player games together trading off the controls. Currently are finishing up Kingdom Hearts (PS2) and going to start Kingdom Hearts 2 soon after.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow talk about throwbacks haha. I think this is the first game we've done this with. We used to play the New Super Mario Bros games together on Wii and Wii U, I hope the Switch gets one.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

We are going to Disney World at the end of March so we are getting prepared. Lol

We have done many games like this. Lots of RPGs and such. Recently did the windwaker and twilight princess remakes and Breath of the wild is next after Kingdom hearts 2.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Hang out with my little man mainly.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

My son...

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope you understand how bad that actually sounds...

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I enjoy being outside literally doing anything. Building stuff, working on my house, working in the garden, etc. I like playing xbox and playing games on PC obviously or wouldn't be here lol. Also really enjoy hanging out with some buddies around a bonfire and playing some cards. I also "occasionally" (/s) enjoy hanging out with my my wife, being that she is my best friend. Basically she makes anything fun and can always count on having a good time when I'm with her. Now if only she would game with me... still trying to cross that bridge

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol nah she honestly is pretty cool, I hang with her a lot really

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

This forum, play guitar whilst screaming, game, cry, and school.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

My free time consists of eating, watching TV shows or movies, working out (gotta burn the calories), playing video games, skyping my girlfriend (long distance relationship) and recently I've started to learn Python. I used to play football (soccer) a lot but that's cut down to hardly anything lately. I also enjoy seeing historical landmarks/buildings, and the occasional museum (I'm just fascinated with life in the past).

I also want to learn how to drift as well, but will also have to be somewhere down the line. I really want to take up archery too.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Sleep, playing some game, chilling with my female counterpart, or just wanting to bash my head in with a rock because of school.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, at the moment my go-to activity in my spare time is gaming. I wish that wasn't so, but once a gamer always a gamer I suppose. Lol. My many other interests are mountain biking, woodwork and remote control cars (The big fast ones :p). I feel that nowadays people need to go outside more and have made more efforts in doing outdoor activities such as camping and open water swimming. It just sucks that I can't have more time to myself.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

big fast remote control cars??? Teslas??

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Not quite mate. XD.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Its more like 1/10 scale.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I like to fish (when weather allows), or do 3D stuff using Blender. I keep tinkering and rarely start/complete a project. Otherwise I have filled my free time with other stuff - working on a iOS app - almost done, then I'll more free time. Also like to watch movies - but having a hard time finding stuff worth watching - it is all personal taste. Sometimes I'll cook, because I prefer home cooked food vs. frozen/canned stuff - but a frozen pizza can often work.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Contemplate life...

/s

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Which smash do you play?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Me and my friends play Brawl all the time. Gotta love the naming system lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube