add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080ti on 4k

tech_geek100

23 months ago

can a single 1080ti pascal card do 4k at round 100-150 fps, and if so what pascal is recommended.

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Setting aside the fact that theres no real monitors able to display such a high refresh rate at 4k right now, this will largely depend on the title and the graphical settings you use.

You can always tweak down the settings like shadow, view distance, and things like water reflections and such to improve the frame rate you get and this remains true with all graphics card at all resolutions and the same applies to 4K.

For example, I currently use a PNY 1080 XLR8 OC matched with an I7-6700K@4.7Ghz and 32GB of DDR4-3466 RAM and I can play games at 4K with pretty constant frame rate and good graphics. I do not play AAA titles at ultra but the games are still stunning. I usually pull 40-60fps in AAA titles and more in less demanding ones although it doesnt really serve me as I can only display 60fps maximum anyways.

That being said, the 1080ti is the best pick to get the highest amount of frames and/or the most consistent experience at 4K right now.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks!

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, I almost TYPED that!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube