add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How did this herobrine entity come to be?

tech_geek100

23 months ago

I have theorized many times about this minecraft entity and looking for your input. how did herobrine get started anyway!?! hes not real and i want to know who started the hoax and why?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

It was a joke the original developer Notch added in the patch notes one time. People took it seriously and began trying to "summon" him. Mojang saw this and it's a running gag in the update notes nowadays.

Long story short, it was a joke someone made and it blew up.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

wow, if i was the developer i might do something like that cuz i am a joker but if it started that i would shut down the rumors as fast as possible.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically that, yeah. ^

If you want to "summon" him, there a few mods you can get.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Someone started it with re-textured doors that had a mysterious entity "Herobrine" on it, and it blew up. Everyone though Herobrine was real. To calm everyone, Notch said "Herobrine is not real" and proved it by removing him ib the next update notes. And it's been a running gag since.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I just experienced a ton of nostalgia, haven't played minecraft in years

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

mindBlown

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

herobrine is a lame "entity" that was publicized by creepypasta and youtubers.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

well, the name herobrine came from the player who first "saw" him. now one of the lame rumors that's going around is that notches "brother" had a Minecraft account with the username herobrine. and now crazy people are saying that notches brother's ghost is trapped in the game. they are crazy!

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube