add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The New Ryzen APU

mattbruno5678

21 months ago

What do y'all think about the new Ryzen APU, i ordered one to check it out

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I think they are great. For 190$ it gives a Ryzen 5 with an RX 550/GT 1030. Overclocking is also possible. I'll upgrade my A8-9600 in the future.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a Ryzen A-P-Frickin'-U. I think it's going to be awesome, especially with VEGA GRAPHICS INSIDE, rather than the crappy Intel integrated stuff. The price, especially, is really good: $99 for the Ryzen 3 2200G and $169 for the Ryzen 5 2400G. This is amazing stuff, here. Keep it up, AMD!!!!!!!!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I truley agree I can message you how it does with games when i get it and build a budget pc for it

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

They are rather in the same place graphics as the FM2+ APU were, 1080p is doable with reduced settings in most things anything graphically strenuous you probably will end up dropping to 900p/720p.

They still need fast low latency RAM in dual channel to really prove competitive which is sadly expensive these days and preferably 16gb which is even more so.

CPU side they are depending on the model a R5 1400 or R3 1200/1300X.

Overclocking CPU side is proving just as limited as Ryzen Gen 1 even on the newer process.

They also run warmer then the older parts.

So long as you remember what they are and don't go into this expecting them to be anything amazing you should be happy.

If you expect massive improvements, or game changing performance you will not be happy.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube