• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

octa-wow 3 months ago

I want good gaming for like the power of rx580 and i want to choose from 2 processors that can stream too: ryzen 1600 3.2 ghz boost 3.6 180-200$ 6c/12t ryzen 2400g 3.6 ghz boost 3.9 170$ 4c/8t but has the most powerful integrated gpu

I want to know a thing too: Can i process the streaming on the integrated gpu?

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 point 3 months ago

I want to know a thing too: Can i process the streaming on the integrated gpu?

Unknown at this point how much of ReLive will be workable on the APU I suspect none because they will lack the integrated encoder.

As for the CPU get the 1600 over the 2400G for streaming or better yet a 1700 if you can spare the money.

octa-wow submitter 1 point 3 months ago

My money are a max of 200$ or close... and i think the apu will help before i get the gpu... but i saw on youtube that 4 cores are terrible with streaming and at 6 cores everything gets good.Btw 1600 can resist two rx580s without bottleneck easy and 1400 can resist a rx580 and a little ... so its not a big chance to resist streaming too...

Btw 1600 can resist two rx580s without bottleneck easy and 1400 can resist a rx580 and a little ... so its not a big chance to resist streaming too...

Not how it works sorry.

Bottlenecking and streaming are completely separate.

Streaming you are either using a separate program on the CPU to record, encode, and stream the gameplay well running the game at the same time. Or the integrated encoder on a graphics card to do the same.

One has major impact but offers better compression and stream quality, the other loses compression quality and stream quality in favor of much lower system impact.

Bottlenecking can never be a simple this Will and this Will Not because a simple settings change will switch which part is the performance limiter.

I meant if a 1600 can resist two , it should have enough space for streaming too if i use one

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Bottlenecking ain't that simple. It depends on the game and graphical settings.

I know ,but when theres that much space i think its very good.

Two cards are no harder to run on a CPU then a single card all that changes is how the cards themselves handle filling in the frames created by the CPU.

When two cards are being run you alternate which card is filling in the frame to lessen workload.

When it comes to streaming it really isnt cut and dried.

If what you are trying to stream is using up most of the CPU's availible resources it streams very poorly, but if you are only stressing 1-2 of the 6 cores it will stream perfectly fine.

There really is no way to definitivly answer either way because it is entirly specific to what titles, how you are streaming, and extra background tasking running as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/214851-on-cpugpu-bottlenecking-in-games

Ok but i know about cpu gpu bottlenecking tho , i meant its good for future and multitask(sri but sri for nothing).