• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

AtaOzd 6 months ago

The title tells it. Does it have to be a big USB or will a 16GB one do? (I’m going to download it from to USB and then to my PC)

Comments Sorted by:

Ender_Mist 1 Build 2 points 6 months ago

Just download the "media creation tool" from microsoft's website on an 8GB+ USB drive. The final size will be just above 10GB, however.

tech_geek100 1 Build 2 points 6 months ago

you can use rufus(really easy to use) and have it be uploaded to a 8gb usb to be safe(i would do 4gb but i think that would be pushing your chances. you just plug it in. turn on your pc. and you should enter the os setup.

[comment deleted by staff]
Shakaron 4 Builds 2 points 6 months ago

Or one can just use the command line and do it there without downloading and installing all kind of (unnecessary) software.

Such a process is described here, or here, or here and many other places.

[comment deleted by staff]
Shakaron 4 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

Just because he is not sure how large the Windows Installer is, it doesn't mean that he cannot follow simple instructions, how to do things via the command line.

I always have high hopes for people. :D

Shakaron 4 Builds 2 points 6 months ago

An 8 GB USB drive is enough for Win10 installer. A 4 GB drive is not.

nightrook 4 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

If you mean you're making a bootable, 8GB should be enough, so 16GB will be fine.

AtaOzd submitter 1 point 6 months ago

I mean I’ll install win10 to my PC from there

nightrook 4 Builds 2 points 6 months ago

Yes, to make a bootable usb, you need to install the Win10 iso and mount it to the usb. So assuming that's what you're doing, 16GB is more than enough.

xbiker12 0 points 6 months ago

used to need a 4GB or bigger flash drive. now depending where you look it'll say either 4Gb or 8GB. Anything 8GB or bigger is gonna be totally fine though. :)

motonack 2 Builds 0 points 6 months ago

4GB is enough for windows 10 32 bit/64 bit. The only windows OS that needs bigger than 4GB are Server 2012/2012 R2 and 2016.

[comment deleted]