• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 14 months ago

I have a h115i and I overclocked my 7700k. I set Load Line Calibration to level 1, the voltage to 1.325v and I set the frequency multiplier to 50 with an AVX offset of 2. After an hour of AIDA 64 the maximum temperature was 83C. What worries me though is that some people have said it is not good for the AIO coolant to go above a certain temperature. Is this true?

Comments Sorted by:

thedukeanator13 2 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

83°C is kind of high for a 280mm aio. Granted you are at 5GHz, but do you have a push/pull config setup?

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 submitter 1 point 14 months ago

I have the fans on the radiator pulling air through the front of the case and a fan in the back pulling air out of the case. The cooler is also on the quiet profile as the performance profile sounds like a jet engine.

zMadButcherz 8 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

I would set a custom fan curve to get things where you want them. Turn them up a little over the silent profile and that should bring temps down without making it crazy loud.

thedukeanator13 2 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

Ah, what I meant was a push/pull config directly for the radiator (two fans on the front pushing air into the case), and teo fans in the back of the radiator pulling air through it also into the case.

But I think you would be fine, however, those temps are reaching the upper end of 'toasy' you might want to consider switching over to 'balanced'

I'm using the push/pull config I mentioned above with my i5 8600k @5GHz on balanced, and get 52-54°C after 12hrs prime95

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 submitter 1 point 14 months ago

Temps are better with the balanced profile 78C max in AIDA. Is this still high? My 7700k is not delidded and is using 1.325v.

Srtpower 1 Build 1 point 14 months ago

78c is perfectly fine. You will never see that temp again unless you are benchmarking anyways. I think people take too much stock in benchmarking personally.