add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

For those of you afflicted by the AMD Adrenalin DX9 bug

Billy-Bob_Kenobi
  • 27 months ago

AMD is currently working on a hotfix. https://techreport.com/news/33019/amd-plans-to-issue-an-adrenalin-hotfix-for-broken-directx-9-games

No word on when we can expect it, but given the scope of the problem I'd expect it'd be "soonish."

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly a buggy update all around the overlay is nice when/if it works, but more then just DX9 titles broke when the drivers launched hopefully they get around to bug fixing sooner rather then later.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

The one thing I can say for it: they finally fixed the Overwatch bug that was introduced in July, so it doesn't seize up in the middle of a match anymore. It's absolutely mind-boggling that it wasn't tested with Skyrim, though.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Since Bethesda is now a partner studio of theirs so am I.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

So am I not going to see "Render device lost" anymore? That would be pretty nifty. I had to roll back my drivers to Feb, 2017 driver (IIRC) just to stop the problem. Now, I am stuck with old PUBg drivers. This is some crap.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad I haven't updated my GPU drivers in like a year.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I had to in order to resolve blackscreens that started with the old drivers after the Win 10 Fall update.

(This is a fun problem I've had since I got my HD 7790 that they seem to re-introduce every now and then with new driver revisions. I will be so glad when I can finally upgrade to a newer card, and have exciting new problems to cope with.)

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't had any problems outside of my GPU underclocking to 400Mhz when I overclock it which updating the drivers hasn't seem to fix, I will probably send it in for a warranty claim in a couple of months before it ends so I can get a new card and possibly even a GTX 1070 lol.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Wise. lol.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

If you ever want to do that send some candy with it. I just hope I'm won't be stuck gaming on my laptop for too long.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/41z14i/next_time_you_rma_remember_the_swedish_fish_theory/

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I'm totally sending candy with it. Or maybe Swedish fish.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Until very recently it has actually been a good year driver wise right up till Nov.

Nov a bunch of the lower end steam titles/MMO I play started randomly crashing/artifacts/spikes in usage unlike prior driver versions.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube