add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Antivirus should I invest in?

Weikr
  • 26 months ago

I am not sure what antivirus software to invest in. I don't want something that impacts performance and has loads of pop-ups (you know this program well) nor something that doesn't give you full details. I have used three antivirus software and I liked none. They are: McAfee, Malwarebytes, Norton.

Please give me some antivirus software that are worthy enough.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Kaspersky Anti-Virus has always worked very well for me in the past.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I shall try Kaspersky.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Kapersky is the very best anti-virus. It costs $40.

Avira is second, and is free.

Malwarebytes is for scanning, not for protections.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Will try them.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Avira is second, and is free.

Both Kaspersky and Avira have free versions. Obviously there is a paid version of Avira

https://www.avira.com/en/avira-antivirus-pro

Kapersky is the very best anti-virus. It costs $40.

Agree on being the best AV! BUt there is also a free version.

https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Webroot is the best hands down, even better than Kaspersky. I had issues with Kaspersky where it wouldn't give me control of some of my files and also had some false positives as well. Webroot's virus definitions are cloud based making it extremely fast and lightweight. It's less than $20 at Amazon. I've had it three years in a row and never had an issue with it.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you ever tested another AV to test the efficacy of Webroot?

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I first started off with Norton then I jumped to Avast, Trend Micro then Kaspersky then Bitdefender and then on to Webroot and out of all of them Webroot has been the best and most reliant of them all.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, appreciate it. I have no experience with them myself.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Although I haven't used Kaspersky for over four years so maybe they's gotten better but when I last used it was very troublesome.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Too much of a list, can't pay for them all. I haven't had experience with some of those so I MIGHT get them. Thanks anyways.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Webroot is pretty good, but due to its heavy reliance on cloud-based heuristic analysis it doesn't have independent lab testing. That's why I don't generally recommend it myself, but it's a solid bit of kit. It is lightweight and has good customer service, from what I recall it also has good central management tools for business users.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

I may have to give it a shot. I've been rocking Avast + Malwarebytes pretty consistently for a while now.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

The only downside is it doesn't have a free version as far as I'm aware; just a trial.

I like swapping up what I'm using sometimes, the only reason I've been using Kaspersky as long as I have on my laptop is because I have the paid version provided by ISP.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

What tragik said.. Will give it a shot ;)

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

You can try Avast and Kaspersky. They will fit best into your pocket-friendly budget.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Comodo. Definitely. It’s free and is very powerful but uses quite a bit of ram.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I recall it was also a pain to configure for optimal use, but it would definitely satisfy OP's "full details" requirement.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube