add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No signal on monitor

JarJarJamal

26 months ago

Before we jump into the meat and potatoes let me give a breakdown on what I think happened. So I launched rust for the first time, and my fps was really low for some reason it made no sense because my graphics card should have been able to handle it even on lowest settings. So I disabled integrated graphics in device manager because I figured rust must be utilizing integrated graphics instead of the gpu, but the problem kept persisting. Then out of nowhere my screen started glitching and tearing and eventually if turned black. I couldn't wake it up so I turned off the computer, at first when I booted it up the bios screen would appear, but that's it. I turned it on and off again this time there was no response whatsoever. I then figured it must have been the graphics cards fault, so I took it out and put it back in but nothing changed.

Notes: 1) Integrated graphics are disabled so I can't even plug the hdmi into my motherboard. 2) I've only used the gpu for unturned and tf2 and simple games like that 3) monitor gives no signal even though it's plugged in to the proper place, so it's not the monitors fault i don't think 4) computer boots up, all the fans work etc but nothing except no signal appears on the monitor

Specs: system is a year and a half or so old i7-4790k Asus z97-a USB 3.1 Corsair h100i gtx Evga 750 g2 Xfx r9 390x Kingston 4x4 ddr3 1866

But ya I can't diagnose the problem, I doubt the gpu is fried because I barely used it on intensive games

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Turn off PC, and unplug the power supply. Hold the power button on your case for 30 seconds. Open case, take out the CMOS battery and leave it out for a minute and reinstall it. Plug in the power cord, and try turn on computer.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

What's a cmos battery and where is it

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a button style battery on the mobo about the size of a quarter. (it should be pretty easy to find now that you have a description)

Doing this helps reset the mobo in case thats the cause of your problem. (or possibly re-enable the integrated graphics option again)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube