add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H115i for 7700k

SubNauticaWaterWorld47
  • 27 months ago

Been eyeing this cooler ever since it went on sale. It is currently 109.99 on newegg and has a 5 year warranty. Anyone here personally recommend it?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I have one that I had paired with a 6800k for a while. It never got too hot.

When I had the 6800k at 4.3ghz with 1.3v the temps never exceeded 80c while I was stress testing.

What I noticed about the reviews for these 280mm AIO like the EVGA CLC and NZXT x62 is the performance varies based off the speed and pressure of the stock fans. If you were to buy aftermarket fans then compare each of these coolers with those fans then the performance numbers would be close.

The h115i is loud if you crank everything up to Performance mode and run the fans at 100%. It's an even noise that's not high pitched or deep. It has a bit of a hollow sound. I don't mind it but others seem to.

The problems I have had with the h115i is there are too many cables and I had trouble getting Corsair link to set up correctly. I was able to reroute the cables but I still had to deal with the USB2 cable for the Link software. I was able to correctly set up Corsair Link by disabling the power saving modes for the USB 2.0 ports in Device Manager.

The only reason I got it is it gives me flexibility with how I cool my VRM heatsinks and Corsair offers a warranty of sorts if it does leak and damage other components. I don;t hear about too many problems with leaks anymore. It seems like the primary problem with these CLC coolers is the pump giving up.

I used the 6800k and x99 parts to upgrade my brother's z77 sabertooth system with a Core i5-2500k that's never been overclocked. Next weekend I'm probably going to set up that 2500k system and overclock it with the h115i. I was able to overclock my old 2600k to 4.8ghz easily with an h80 but it was overwhelmed at 4.9ghz. The h105 kept the temps below 90c at 4.9ghz. So I expect the h115i can do the same things as the h105. The only thing to keep in mind is I upgraded the fans on my H105 to the ML120 fans.

In some reviews I've seen the H105 beat out the H115i and x62 by a very small margin. The Arctic 240 also seems to perform similar to the H105. If you used the same fans at the same speeds, the AC 240 and H105 would probably pull in the same numbers.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I am going with the h115i but do you have any recommendations for the cable management?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I redirected the pump relay cable behind the case tray and I ran the SATA power cable behind the case tray as well. My case is the CM Storm Trooper and it has a cutout at the top of the case which made it easier to hide the cables. Basically I tucked the slack behind the case tray.

Now I bit the bullet with the Corsair Link cable and just ran it in front of the card (while swearing). If I wanted to do a better job of routing it I would have gone to amazon and bought a Male to Female extension cable.

This depends on the location of your USB 2.0 Header on your motherboard. If you don't have enough headers then you would have to buy a splitter

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice will probably have the build up and ready by Friday.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

It's on sale now as the new H115i 280mm and H150i 360mm Pro RGB Cosair Coolers are in the warehouses waiting for release. ML fans, better/quieter pumps and new lighting. MSRP's are $140 and $160.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not trying to convince you away from your preferred choice.

Please do try. That is the entire reason I made this topic. How does the BeQuiet perform compared to the h115i.

Edit: The Be Quiet Silent Loop series is not available in the USA. Well not officially as I can buy it from amazon for 300$.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe air cooler are impressive to say the least. A 50$ Scythe Fuma competes with the Noctua DH-15 and some 240m AIOs.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Kinda bummed out that Be Quiet doesn't have its silent loop coolers in the USA. I would love to pick one up solely because of their fans.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

H115i is the same price as the h100i at the moment. 109.99 dollars.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Should I replace the stock thermal paste with MX-4 or would it be better to leave it with the stock thermal paste?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Evga CLC is 30 dollars more atm but what would you recommend?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube