add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Kenulous
  • 27 months ago

iv'e been using malwarebytes premium and haven't uncounted any issues but the more i look into things the more i feel like i should be using something else as well or instead. i don't download much except for hardware drivers and games from official sites but i visit a fair few sites with popup ads and on-click ads which is why i got malwarebytes premium in the first place, should i get bitdefender as well and should i get payed version? it is very satisfying having every single on-click add be blocked but its still concerning and i want to make sure i am safe.

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Bitdefender and Kaspersky usually places in the top five.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

I also recommend getting Ublock Origin for your internet browser, and you should have a built in popup blocker in the browser you can turn on.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers, Ublock is infinitely better than the basic "addblock" that is most common. so glad you mentioned it.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

For sure. Just make sure you have Ublock Origin, there's another one that's just Ublock and it's not as good.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers, didn't realize there was 2 version (or ripoff), i have origin :) i'm not even sure "addblock" blocks anything except YouTube adds. almost makes having an active antivirus like malware-bytes premium seem pointless, hasn't had to block a thing since i got Ublock origin lmao

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Warlock mentioned two great ones, and both happen to offer free versions. You don't really need to pay unless you want the extra features that come with the paid version. There are other good ones as well such as Avast, or you can use sites such as https://www.av-comparatives.org to do more research.

You can also use a good adblocker like uBlock, a scriptblocker like Noscript, or other extensions like Ghostery and HTTPS Everywhere if desired.

Personally, I like Malwarebytes as a scanning tool which can be had for free, and then something else like Kaspersky for my primary antivirus.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube