add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080ti seahawk SLI in need of a better setup.

Laethageal
  • 29 months ago

Hello!

I built a pc about 2.5 years ago with a 4790k, 980ti gaming, 32gb 1600 cl9 ram, 280l nepton cooler with a newer 960 evo 1tb m2 ssd, in a good case, but with the change of the 980ti for the seahawk 1080ti sli, it became too small to fit all this water cooling (had to remove hdd tray and custom fit the gpu cooler).

Now, I'm unhappy with the performance and the cpu is clearly bottlenecking as some OC will help raise the ingame fps, but I was unlucky with the silicon lottery and cannot push over 4.6

So I will be upgrading to a 8700k (unless there's a better option for some sli of 1080ti), a new cooler, case, mobo and ram.

I was looking at 3600 cl14 2x8gb ram to fit on it, but really don't know much about overclocking and if ram over 2600 would help.

Also, i have no idea which board/case to get. The asrock mobo don't have plenty of fan pin, at least not for my current setup and I guess not enough for my next.

Some suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube