add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
alucard21

27 months ago

Hi I need a really good anti-virus anti-malware for surfing adult video sites please help I'm ignorant as to what's good and what's not and I also don't mind paying about 50 bucks for one

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 3 points

Kaspersky internet security, we have had it for more than ten years, and have NEVER had a virus get on our computer.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Kapersky is the best overall.

Avira or Avast is second-best to Kapersky, but they are free as opposed to Kapersky's $40.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

You need layers of protection. The short version:

1. For your browser, use extensions such as uBlock Origin, uBlock Extra to cut down on the ads. Ghostery/Noscript and HTTPS Everywhere are also good to have. Make sure you have everything set to block ads, popups, and unwanted scripts. Your antivirus may also have an extension to use. Keep your browser and extensions updated.

2. For your computer, make sure you have at least the default Windows firewall. Install updates. If you use office programs, ensure that downloaded files open in safe mode and macros disabled- this is a common attack vector which can be exploited from a single misclick.

3. For active protection: there are excellent free options from Kaspersky, Avast, Bitdefender, Avira, and the like. If you want the extra features of a paid solution, there are a number out there. Check sites like av-comparatives.org for reviews. I like Kaspersky, it has been consistently well-performing for both protection and resource usage in my experience. I've also seen licenses go on sale for pretty cheap. The choice comes down to the combination of features you want, performance desired, and budget.

4. Things may slip by your active protection. Scanning tools such as McAfee Stinger, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes, Comodo Cleaning Essentials, etc. should be run every now and then to catch things that fall through the cracks.

5. For further protection, keep your data backed up or on another computer. Secure important data. Keep backups. If things go wrong, you want the damage to be minimal. You could even set up a VM, boot from a live USB, or something to further limit the risk.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

With where your going... invest in good back ups of critical data as well. Even the best AV can miss things, and if you have to rebuild, the less you lose the better.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Kaspersky , never let me down but you're just asking to be infected by surfing adult websites , they are loaded with real nasty stuff , especially the free ones.

Kaspersky Internet Security for sure and run Mbam as an on demand scanner after visiting sites like that . Eset Online Scanner often picks things up that others miss .

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Bitdefender internet security. Stay away from Kaspersky, if you don't want to be hacked by russian government.

• 27 months ago
  • -2 points

surfing adult video

just get a popup blocker and don't download anything. i don't get any viruses.

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I have bad memories of uninstalling Norton/Symantec. It was easier to remove some viruses manually... I've heard the products have gotten better but I'm still salty.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube