• No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 16 months ago

Budget 200 USD could be persuaded slightly higher

I live near San Antonio Texas.

Must be an upgrade from lg stylo 8gb 1 gb ram.

Comments Sorted by:

vagabond139 5 Builds 3 points 16 months ago

Whatever you do don't get a Motorola 4G or 5G due to a phantom touch issue they have.

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 submitter 1 point 16 months ago

Thanks for the heads up.

Cicero_ 4 Builds 1 point 16 months ago

+1 for same issue

alucard21 1 point 16 months ago

what about the e4 or e4 plus

Ice44 1 Build 1 point 16 months ago

you could always get a used iphone 5s or somethin. Nice phone, I have one and it works...

I have heard good things about the DOOGEE Mix. Its 189 USD.

There are tons of other chinese phones out there aswell for really cheap. Other people will be more knowledgeable about this topic than I am though.

ATXON 1 point 16 months ago

So I recently went on a phone quest to replace my old galaxy S3. From everything I've looked at I think the Xiaomi Redmi 4x is probably one of the best budget smartphones. https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_635898.html?wid=21

I basically got it because reviews said it was fast and did not suffer from any overheating problems. That and it has like a 4000 mAh battery, which is pretty badass.

Would this work in the USA?

Yes, it's region and carrier unlocked.

I think yours looks to be the most promising anything I should know before pulling the trigger on the phone?

I don't really have any complaints so far. It's been my daily driver for about a month and it's been so much nicer than my old S3. One particularly nice feature is being able to go an entire day without charging it and still have at least 50% battery life at 5PM, even on my less er... productive days at work.

It is a 720P screen but in my experience on such a small device it doesn't make any difference.

It comes with the stock android emojis. This isn't really a fault with the phone but the stock android emojis are ugly as sin lol.

I would also recommend getting the case with the kickstand: https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-DWaybox-Hongmi-Inch/dp/B06XYGWSB3/

I use that thing all the time now.

Thanks I appreciate it. I think this will be quite the upgrade from my 8gb 1gb ram lg stylo.

Made the purchase it looks quite promising.

Cool, hope you like it.

As do I.

fn230 8 Builds 1 point 16 months ago

The Nokia phones look promising and are quite cheap.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 16 months ago

Have a Nokia Lumia 929 and I love it. It is an absolute tank. I have dropped it 100+ times and have only gotten one minimal scratch due to one unlucky fall onto a pointed rock. I don't know if Nokia still only makes Windows phones. I love the Windows mobile OS, but it's not dead with no real development going further, just security updates.

fn230 8 Builds 1 point 16 months ago

They have Android phones these days, which is mainly what I was referring to. Inexpensive, timely software updates, and good performance.

I'm going to have to check them out. I need an android phone to (begrudgingly) switch my Windows 10 Nokia to get some needed tutor apps so I can better keep track of my clients.

VapidDarkness 1 point 16 months ago

I had a Nokia phone about two years ago, and the only issue I had was the lack of popular apps. Though, I am now a proud owner of a Galaxy S5.

...lack of popular apps.

You just summed up the Windows 10 mobile experience.

Crus4de 1 Build 1 point 16 months ago

Did you ever drop your phone next to someone with an IPhone just to see the look of horror on their face? My 929 survived 3 years of drops because I'm bad with holding phones...

No, I didn't. But, my wife has had 3 iphones in the time that I had one. XD

We both had 929's and she dropper hers in the toilet....I know.... A couple of months later I dropped my original screen on some pavement from 8 feet (it did break this time). So I decided to take the guts out of my phone and place them in my wife's, since her screen was good but the water ruined her internals. Worked like a charm. New screen, new phone. Still pissed about the lack of apps. XD

InsertNameHere┬▓ 3 Builds 1 point 16 months ago

If you want a 5000mAh battery, fingerprint sensor, snapdragon 427 with 2gb ram and 16gb storage (with expansion too), 5.5" 720p display, light water resistance, and pretty damn decent budget cameras, along with stock android nougat 7.1.1? The Moto E4 Plus would be absolutely great for your budget (179.99 dolla phone on amazon), and it supports all carriers, and has dual band wifi!

PCPPAccountant 1 point 16 months ago

I have an LG K20 V. They have them on sale often in Verizon stores and are relatively cheap, $168. I think i pay like $7 per month for mine. It has a 13 MP camera, 2GB RAM, 16 GB of memory ( and slot for up to 64 GB micro-SD card in back), 31 hours of talk battery life, decent screen, and has an otterbox case you can buy for like $40 to keep it safe.

Here is the full spec sheet for it: http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-VS501-k20-v

I had its predecessor for nearly 3 years and always did anything I needed so that's why I got this one. My wife has an iPhone SE, pays nearly twice the price, and this thing does a much better job in my opinion.

Bryce_ 1 Build 1 point 16 months ago

Zte axon 7 it's $190 from best buy

herdstreak 1 point 16 months ago

check out Huawei Nova, Nokia 6 or Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus

GeekWithAKeyboard 1 point 16 months ago

I have just ordered an Elephone S8 Phablet. It's ~$250 USD but it has:

• 4,000 mAh battery

• 2k screen

• USB Type-C

• 64 Gb non expandable storage

Worth checking out!

[comment deleted]