add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to make your build look good?

Mindmixer
  • 31 months ago

Hi!
I will be building my first PC come Christmas time. Beforehand, I wanted to get as much info on the topic of making your PC look nice. I know cable management is important, but how does one go about making cables look nice? I don't want to shove them all in the little hiding area in the back; I want them to be organized back there as well. I will be getting the Corsair 400C. Furthermore, LED-wise, what do you guys suggest? I am getting 3 LED case fans, and my Motherboard has LED's as well (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2pnG3C/gigabyte-ga-ab350-gaming-3-atx-am4-motherboard-ga-ab350-gaming-3). What else would make the PC look nice?

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Zip-ties and velcro straps if your case has them are what will make cables look nice that you have tucked away. Adding on cable extensions or getting brand new cables will also make your build look much cleaner as well.

Also for RGBs, a lot of people add something like the NZXT Hue+ into their build for full lighting.

Depending on your level of dedication, time you have available, and comfort level doing something like this, I've seen builds where all plastic/metal/anything-that-was-safe-to-remove was removed from everything (motherboard, GPU, fans, case, PSU, etc.) and painted and put back together. The end result was an absolute fantastic looking build (IIRC, one did a white out build with green accent parts). Not recommended for those who lack any of those three things though.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Good Cable management goes a very long way. Having an ATX board in an ATX tower and not an ITX board in an ATX tower. A PSU that isn’t ketchup and mustard.

The rest is all subjective.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

how does one go about making cables look nice?

Business up front, party in the back. Use zip ties and whatever you can to secure and hide the cables and bundle them up in the back and keep the front cables not having a ton of slack and don't have them interweaving with extra other. Its a skill that comes with practice.

Example: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QPtJ7P

That is unless you want to look good up front and back which will require custom length sleeved cables and planning the route of the cables.

For what can make it look nice is some sleeved cable extensions for the PCI-E cables, 24 pin, and EPS which will cost about ~$30 for a kit and order some cable combs for them to keep them nice looking. The downside is that it will add more cable length in back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube