• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 17 months ago

Why would you buy this motherboard? It is 500 USD and for that price you could buy a good z370 motherboard and a 8600k. I get that it has a 18 power phase design and nice rgb lights but what else could make this worth 500 dollars?

Comments Sorted by:

Enrico411 1 point 17 months ago

people will buy it just because they can or like the look... countless reasons why anyone would buy something.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 17 months ago

Its pretty much the only motherboard to offer the amount of USB ports in the back (8) with the amount of USB 2.0 & 3.0 it offers on its PCB.

These are features not everyone needs and only those who do need them will buy the motherboard. For daily use, theres no reason to go into EATX unless you need extra connectivy.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Dual BIOS is pretty common nowadays. It makes it easier to recover from a bricked BIOS by simply switching to the second one and doesnt require any RMA.

[comment deleted]

Oh I see.

I guess that when you start needing 8 USB ports and triple ethernet ports, its pretty much a consumer grade server at that point.

People who buy the EATX motherboards usually dont use about 80% of the features they offer anyways.

[comment deleted]