add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Keep Ryzen 1600 or wait for Coffe Lake

FivePercent
  • 30 months ago

Bought the Ryzen 1600 and since the release of Coffee Lake I’m rethinking my purchase and wondering if I should just return the Ryzen and just wait for Coffee Lake stock to come back. What do you guys think ?

Comments

  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

just stick with the 1600 then once zen 2 comes go from there

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Realistically gaming with some minor things running in the background like Spotify and web browser tabs, no editing or anything extreme . I may possibly would like to stream , but it’s not a for sure thing , wanted to reserve that possibility. Ryzen for me still has a problem running ram above 2933mhz and from what a tech channel said on YouTube Coffee Lake is no fuss out of the box.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the references , very interesting. I guess I’ll see what AMD has to offer in February when gen 2 comes out.

[comment deleted]
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll probably just hold onto the 1600 and might return this 1060 3gb for a 1070 or 1080.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube