add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SubNauticaWaterWorld47

25 months ago

All I've gather about it is that AMD and Intel struggle developing an architecture for it and it is used for mobile phones. Anyone willing to give a in-depth lecture on this or a good link. Preferably not Wikipedia.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

This Stack Exchange answer might help.

The TLDR is that it is a completely different CPU architecture from what Intel and AMD produce. It is common on mobile due to its low power consumption and small footprint. Intel has tried previously to compete in the space using the x86 architecture, but failed to get a sizeable foothold. Still, you've probably heard of some devices that did use Intel Atom CPUs, like the Asus Zenfone 2.

IDK if AMD has ever actually attempted to compete in this market.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

This is fair; I was lazy.

I should have said something like 'ARM is different from the x86 architecture used in what people typically think of when they talk about Intel and AMD CPUs, such as Intel Core/Pentium series and AMD Ryzen/FX/Athlon series CPUs'.

Lazy question got a lazy answer ;P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube