add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Switch from h440 to HAF 932

Franko74SR
  • 30 months ago

what would you guys think of my switching from the NZXT h440 to the coolermaster HAF 932 full tower? Here is my current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/PcHhP6

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

Honestly imo that case looks like a rip off, looks cheaply made, no psu shroud, non-painted interior, etc, at $160 i would look at something like a corsair 570x or a phanteks Enthoo Evolv tempered glass edition. The h440 is still a nice case, any reason to change?

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan to have this PC for a very long time from now, meaning I need something functional with 5.25 inch bays, a lot of them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EPUQAE/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3SIYNE64RHBH8&colid=190IRLZVOM5IL this one has a painted interior

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly that seems like a really high price for a case like that, something more like the coolermaster 912 has a far price imo, any reason you need a lot of 5.25 bays considering the h440 doesn't even have any?
Or even like you said in your original build, something like the phanteks enthoo pro would be good for the money spent.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe, I just really like the look of the HAF case, I won't be ordering one till after christmas, so there is plenty of time for me to do some research about other cases

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan to have this PC for a very long time from now, meaning I need something functional with 5.25 inch bays, a lot of them

Why? 5.25 bays are thing of the past now and will only become less used as time goes on, they won't be getting used more.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

blu-ray players, hot swap ssd trays, card readers, lots of things I use require either 5.25 inch bay accessories, or USB adapters

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you want to pay more for a significantly worse case(zero logic in doing that, it would be like going from a Lamborghini to a Toyota and paying more for the Toyota) I would suggest buying some USB devices so you don't need to buy a dinosaur of a case.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/78zZxr/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-tempered-glass-black-atx-full-tower-case-ph-es614ltg_bk

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Whats wrong with the HAF 932 anyway? it got great reviews and looks pretty good imo

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

The HAF 932 is going to be a HUGE downgrade...Why would you do that? Not to mention its highly overpriced and is super dated, I wouldn't pay more than $60 for that case at the very most.

• 30 months ago
  • 2 points

kind of like switching from a blu ray player to a vcr to watch movies on.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

The h440 has no 5.25 inch bays on it , huge problem for me

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Thermaltake v51
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro

5.25" bays without giving up modern standard features.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I've looked around some more and decided on the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, thanks!

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

oh nice. that's the case I use. welcome to the club.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Nice build btw!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube