add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me value my Watercooled Desk PC

Four_Balls
  • 33 months ago

I'll be moving house towards the end of November and will need to sell this before then.

I'm after ideas of what price i should be asking for, and if you could please justify the price you have suggested.

The parts list below shows most of the parts in the build, but only includes the pricing for key hardware components. I'd be hoping to sell it all together (all Peripherals included).

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/sBjypg

Please let me know what currency you are using, i use AUD.

Cheers

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

With that setup, I don't think anything less than $3500-4000 AUD would be a reasonable ask considering the parts and the look of the build

[comment deleted]
  • 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn, I would have even considered $4000 AUD to be the bare minimum? PCs with a 1080 + i7-6700k would set you back 2.5k used. This setup with all the cooling equipment, monitor,desk,and peripherals still only 2.5k???

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Ayyy, you almost said the exact same thing as me. XD

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

2500 dollars for 4k+ worth of parts plus a customized desk, custom watercooling loop, and peripherals included? That is crazy low.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

dude, the price it shows on the build page doesn't even include the watercooling parts, and it's a desk watercooled PC.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a nice build. Why don't you take it with you? (I took my PC from EU to Australia. On the airplane. LOL)

If you're moving house, all you need to do is drain the coolant and make the movers swear an oath that they will handle it carefully (and keep praying they will do, lol).

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Selling the case would require the same as moving house. To be honest, I'd like to build something more practical for myself and I'm hoping I can find that with the sale of this whole setup

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Those are some premium components. They would fit inside a 900D just fine so you should reconsider your decision about selling them : )

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'd love to keep the components for myself, I just can't imagine the desk being very appealing to anyone without the components inside :/

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually that could be where you are wrong. Lian-Li desk cases go from anywhere between 800-2000 new. So you may very well be able to get between 600-1500 out of it depending on the person whom you are selling to.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I would take no less than 4k. Yea, the parts aren't worth that by themselves but with labor and customizations added in it is well worth that.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou, With over 2 months to go before i need to sell it. Would you think asking for $6,000 AUD (negotiable) is too steep ?

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Even for the full setup that's a bit steep

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Not with all of the customization's, the peripherals, the watercooling loops, and the fact that it is already assembled, it's not steep at all. Asking 5+k would be steep but not 4k. That is reasonable.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

I think Nuckles was talking about what Four_Balls said, $6000 AUD.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Ahh, that slipped right passed me. Thanks. Yeah, 6k is going to be a stretch. You may get lucky at around 5k but really you would need to find a person that is willing and capable to pay that. 4k seems a lot more reasonable, but that doesn't mean you can't start high and work your way down. Just down start so high you insult the poor bloke.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube