add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

4K Video Editing where time is money and some 2K gaming.

Zerk2012

30 months ago

This is for a friend that has had a big increase in business her current PC is a i7 3770K and 32GB of memory. The M.2 drive will be the scratch drive and the MX300 she says will hold all her games easy. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6KXLQV

The crap AIO cooler fans have to go. Going to try for a 3.9/4.0 OC on all cores. Right now I'm 300 bucks under budget and have the amount of storage she said she would need with 2 open slots for more drives.

Comments

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great. You might want to look at Fractal Design's new AIOs, the Celsius S24 and S36, which might fit your build better. I'd also check on your memory compatibility, because I didn't see your choice on ASRock's QVL, and I'm not sure what speed RAM Ryzen supports at 64gb.

Here are the AIO:

Fractal Design Celsius S24

Fractal Design Celsius S36

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

To the best of my knowledge it will actually support 3200 memory but their still problems (AM4 and high speed memory) with that without BIOS updates and some boards will not even run over 2666. The memory should boot and default to the lower speed then after overclocking the CPU I will just get it to run as fast as I can and still be 100% stable. The QVL is only memory that was tested with the board none of them have all memory made to test with. I think the PC will be a huge increase in performance over what she has. The extra cores and the m.2 scratch drive will be a massive increase she still used just regular hard drives for the complete process. I will look at the other coolers but I know the H100i fits in that case good and it's supposed to be AM4 ready. I'm actually thinking of getting away from the AIO cooler and getting the Cryorig R1 Universal like I have in my PC it's a very good cooler with around the same performance.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube