add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

modding small "bubble" window for air 540 rear panel for water cooling loop

johnny8557
  • 31 months ago

I got my pump/res/and drain system in the back compartment of the 540,problem is the back panel take force to get on after being removed to do stuff back there,whats the best way to cut out a oval shape in metal and make a 1/2 inch bubble window to stick out make 5 inches high and 4 wide or something like that?figured id tape it up,cut it out,form the bubble with .20 12X12" petg sheet,use vinyl to wrap hole to look clean,then dbl side the petg from the inside after I cut it down to size once bubble is made and fitted for hole...any other suggestions of a better way will be very welcome!!!!!thank guys and gal's out there!!!!

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow... that sounds hard... but i think you discribed it pretty good.... i would do it the same way.. for the oval shape in metal use a saw and a file or go to some kind of hardware shop and get it cnc`d

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah,ill think I can pull it off,made some models of shapes I'm thinking about and how to press the petg right into the frame with the oval screwed into another base of wood,and I went to talk to my old machine shop teacher and he said I can use his shop anytime I like at the school,so that's a solid plus to have some top of the line metal tools to use,was just gonna tape it off,buy a good metal saw blade and have at it,ill tell ya thou,check some of these mods by these guys( https://mnpctech.com/ ),he emailed me back a pretty similar idea of how I was gonna do it,he suggested to screw the window in,but I'm just gonna use some strong 3mm dbl sided tape,and he mailed me a foot long strip for 3 bucks to go around the hole so it looks nice and clean.thanks for the reply ,bro!!!!cheers:)

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

:D very nice. i hope everything goes according to plan! have fun with your modding! i know mnpctech they make some really nice stuff! they even have an account on this website! :D cheers!

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks,bro,once its all done,ill post some pics and hit ya to check em&let me know if looks okay or not.hagn,bro!:)

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

:D thank you

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube