• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DoHbOyBlAzEd 64 months ago

Wondering what the best bang for the buck is. I have been looking at the QNIX monitors, but am skeptical of these Korean monitors.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Comments Sorted by:

TelFiRE 1 Build 1 point 64 months ago

QNIX QX2710 (or X-Star, exact same panel) all the way IMO. Overclock almost certainly to 96Hz, 50/50 to 120Hz. From what I've seen, most of them have a little backlight bleed, on either the top or the bottom. Mine does, but I don't mind it at all considering the savings. I mean you can get two of these for the price of one branded 1440. The backlight bleed only shows when it's black or very close to it. And from the thread over on Overclock.net, very very few have any dead pixels.

DoHbOyBlAzEd submitter 20 Builds 1 point 64 months ago

I can pick up the pixel perfect one on amazon for $380 if I'm not mistaken. I hope to grab it in the next week or two. Just added a second gtx 780 today and it is retartedly CPU bottlenecked at 1080P lol.

Bf3 and 4 perform worse in sli than a single card (because of bottleneck) and crysis 3 runs at 100fps constant regardless of how much antialiasing I throw at it.

Best place to purchase from? Keep in mind, I'm in Canada. Would like to avoid duty fees is possible.

Also, any noticeable ghosting? Will read the link posted tomorrow.

Ah ok, that might change things a bit unfortunately, I'm not sure how the shipping to Canada works :/

But I bought mine on eBay from greensum, dreamseller also has pretty good reviews. NewEgg has them too but for about $45 more, not sure if it would end up being cheaper in your case.

Newegg Canada doesn't carry them unfortunately. And buying from u.s will surely have duties. On amazon I can get one for $340 and I think I can avoid duties if it comes from anywhere but the u.s. I'll ask the seller to be sure

Definitely do not go with the pixel perfect, it's a total waste of money. Based on hundreds of purchases that have been logged over at Overclock, the pixel perfect ones are no less likely to be defect-free. They still have some amount of backlight bleed most of the time, and dead pixels are pretty rarely a problem either way. I mean you can get it for just $300, the $80 doesn't get you anything because if it's bad, you'd still have to ship it back to Korea which is going to be like $200 at which point you may as well just buy another (but even if you had to do that, which is incredibly unlikely, it's still same price as the $600-$900 name brand ones and you'll have a secondary monitor with a bad pixel or whatever to use).

To be honest I don't know, I've never been able to notice ghosting on any of my monitors, even ones that probably had some.

mark4685 1 Build 1 point 64 months ago

I'm in the exact same situation as you are right now. Do I get a Korean 1440p monitor or wait for a good g-sync monitor? Are the Korean monitors even good for gaming? I'm having a hard time deciding as well. If you get something let me know how it is.

TelFire has one, waiting on his response.

Newegg has some reviews that are worth reading. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY0X59885 My only concern is that it has 8ms response time, which seems a bit slow. But if you aren't a super hardcore fps gamer, then it might not matter. Edit: Sorry the one you linked was the evolution version and it has 6ms.

Both the qnix and xstar have 8ms, 6ms is typo. My current 1080p monitor is 8ms and doesn't have any ghosting. Just want to know about this one in particular.

Ok good to know! Overclock does have a ton of reviews. I did some searching within the Qnix thread for gaming and bf4. Haven't found anything terrible about it. I'm really tempted to buy this. I have to buy it at newegg though because I have $340 in giftcards saved up. :) I'm really wanting to try g-sync with my 780 but I don't think the monitors are going to be that great and that affordable for a while. I don't want to wait another year or more.

That is all I needed to read. Ordering now, gonna go with the X-Star.

Done.

Awesome! Let me know how you like it. I'm thinking about getting the Qnix.

I figured that considering they are actually the exact same monitor, I might as well get the cheaper one lol

deathfromup 6 Builds 1 point 63 months ago

Ive got an x-star. It is really nice, i love the size (never had a 27" before) and i love the 1440p. It sounds crazy but i can never go back to 1080p. I use my old 23" 1080p as my second monitor and the side by side comparison is no contest for the 1440. The only warning i give you is that you have to be ok with the risks that come with getting it shipped form korea. My first monitor had a full row of dead pixels. The seller took it back and paid for shipping and gave me a replacement. the international shipping process was a pain and it took an extra 2 weeks to get the new monitor to me. But overall id say its worth it. Just be prepared in case something like that happens to you.

mark4685 1 Build 1 point 63 months ago

Well I took the plunge. Bought a Qnix 1440p monitor. I am so freaking excited I can't even stand it. I'll let you know how mine is.

Vembutech 1 point 47 months ago

QNIX QX2710