add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

External PSU Method

TacoNinja

31 months ago

I'm planning on doing a build in a custom case that is super slim and was planning on having the PSU external. I'm going to put cable extenders going from each port and integrating it into the side of the case so the PSU could be unplugged and seperate without much trouble. What would be a safe method to having it outside the case?

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought of mounting it to the case like that but it's not heavy duty and might be easy to break. Would it be ok if I just made sure it's always on non static surfaces?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh electrical engineering nice. Ya I understand wanting things to be done right. Would you have any suggestions to maybe say an external case for the PSU that would not be attached? I was thinking maybe a wooden shell (I have wood as an easy to work with resource so that's a go to) that the PSU could be mounted on to protect it both physically and electrically, although being a high schooler I don't have much experience to know if that's any different (from an electrical standpoint) than it sitting on a wooden desk. The main objective here is too have the PSU external, even though that contradicts the slim case, so any ideas for a seperate case I'm open to. Thanks!

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow lots of information! Thank you very much

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube