add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Stops People from Modding AIOs?

AuraNightheart
  • 32 months ago

Maybe I'm just being ignorant here, but if people really like the look of hard line but don't have money for a custom loop for their CPU, why not just buy an AIO and then replace the tubing with hardline if you were able to make the fittings work?

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

if you were able to make the fittings work

Thats the hard part. Other than that? Great idea.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean if you had a 3D printer maybe you could make adapters but yeah...

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

that'd be very hard to do in such a way that you could be sure it wouldn't leak.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

They have weak pumps and they don't have standard fittings and they aren't made to be taken apart so add all 3 together and you have yourself something that is far more trouble than its worth. There is a reason why no one does it.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

if you were able to make the fittings work?

Proprietary is the word you're looking for.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh cool, really? I had no idea.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

the bequiet aio too

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Only on the radiator side though. The fittings and tubing on the pump are not removable and are not actually fittings, just made to look like they are.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube