add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Create a part list for me please, thank you!

1letter_z
  • 35 months ago

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to build my own PC but I don't know where to start. I would like to build a PC that can easily play online multiplayer games and stream games on Twitch. I hope what I listed below can help you all come up with a part list. If not and you want more detail, please let me know.

• Budget: $1300

• Use: -Gaming: 1. Dota 2 (MOBA) 2. Black Dessert (MMO) 3. Monster Hunter World (in the future) 4. -Streaming

• Peripherals required: Monitor, Wireless Internet Adapter

• Operating System required: Windows 10

<<<<<<Preferences>>>>>>>>>

Phanteks Eclipse P400 White Tempered Glass/Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854047 If the case is not suitable for the build, I'm willing to use another case.

Overclocking optional: I don't know how overclocking works so it's optional for a CPU to be overclock-able. Does overclocking make a difference?

Ryzen or Intel: Whichever processor does better in streaming as well as gaming.

Future gaming proof

Thank you all again for helping me with the build!

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

This should be more than enough for what you're doing, the CPU is a beast, will be great for your streaming while gaming. Powerful GPU to push the 144fps in the 1080p 144hz monitor. 250GB SSD for OS and man used apps, 1TB HDD for the other stuff. 16GB of fast RAM, the case you want, great quality PSU, the wifi adapter.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $195.69 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard $93.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $112.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.99 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.44 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $380.89 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $99.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.49 @ SuperBiiz
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor $182.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1320.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-13 22:20 EDT-0400

Hope this helps

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for creating this part list! I have a question. Is the "Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive" compatible for this build?

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes it his, would be a solid choice if you need the storage, but keep the SSD because HDDs are really slow in comparison.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thanks! Oh and one more thing, I notice you didn't have Windows 10 on the list, does that mean I can download a free Windows 10 somewhere or do I need to buy it from Microsoft?

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

So there are trial and insider versions of Windows 10, however they will not have full features, or in the case of insider versions, are test builds. I have heard that the trial version can be used, but has a watermark that stays on your screen all the time, and some of the personalization is locked out.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

You can download the free version from microsoft, just consider activating in the future when you have the chance. You just need a pen drive, empty, and go to this website and download it. https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/software-download/windows10

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

I saw you also asking others in this topic about the CPU cooler, so the stock CPU cooler from AMD is really good compared to Intel's, it will allow you to overclock the CPU to stable 3,8/3,9GHZ, keeping the CPU decently cooled.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm going to suggest this to you now: Save an extra 35 dollars.

Why? Because this build is worth the extra $35, because it pushes all the components up and offers no compromise.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $195.69 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $87.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $99.99 @ Newegg
Storage SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $87.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.13 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card $373.98 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $85.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $38.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $104.88 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor $182.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1392.38
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $1332.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-13 22:27 EDT-0400
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for creating this part list! So since I don't mind spending an extra $20 or so for a bigger storage, is the "Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive" compatible for this build?

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, that's not a problem. It's a great deal at the moment.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/natedog2237/saved/B4vrHx

1. Ryzen 5 1600- Six core processor, best price to performance for streaming
  2. Asrock B350 Gaming- cheapest B350 board i could find, has nice features and bonus will allow some overclocking
  3. Hyper 212 evo- nice cooler for the price and could handle a mild overclock if you choose too.
  4. 16B ram-enough for gaming/streaming
  5. Asus GTX 1070- even though just playing the games you are going to stream this is overkill, more like a GTX 1050 Ti, GTX 1050, RX 460/560, but this will allow other games you can stream/play in the future, and can handle streaming very decently, overall it makes more sense for this build
  6. the 144hz refreshrate of the 1080p monitor would be suitable for those games since 100fps + is what you would most likely be getting with the GTX 1070

tell me what you or any other user thinks of this if it is appropriate for streaming those titles

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for creating this part list! About the CPU cooler, the compatibility notes says I" require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the motherboard"...what mounting adapter do I need to get?

Also, is Ryzen 5 1600 overclock-able? Do I need to get another CPU cooler?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I just want to know if I should get those or should I just use the CPU cooler that Ryzen 5 has included. Thank you for spending time to come up with this part list for me.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Ryzen is unlocked. You can overclock it.

The reason the error is happening is most aftermarket coolers were designed before the release of the AM4 motherboards. As such, some require a bracket to be shipped from the supplier of the cooler.

My advice is to just use the stock cooler for now, and if it seems to noisy or isn't performing well, then look at other options.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

That just means you need you need a seperate am4 mounting bracket for it to be compatible. If you look on cooler masters website you should find am4 mounting brackets for the hyper 212 evo but if you dont want to go with the trouble you can ommit the cooler in favor of the stock cooler

Yes all ryzen processors are overclockable on x370 or b350 boards, and for the cooler, the stock cooler is good but might be as good for over clocking as the 212 evo

Hope this answers your questions

If you have anymorr questions feel free to ask

Have a great day!

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I"m not the best but heres what i put together pcpartpicker

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for creating this part list! About the CPU cooler, should I stick to the one that comes with the Ryzen 5?

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

The cooler that comes with the Ryzen 5 is supposed to do a decent job, and might be easier to install. The 212 Evo may need a different bracket, and costs extra.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube