add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cable Hiders?

Bahamut5098

31 months ago

I'm looking to run a bunch of cable around the ceilings in my place and was looking for something that can hide the covers, stick to the ceiling and be painted? I've seen items on Amazon but they get expensive when you need so many. Any low-cost items for hiding lots of cables?

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points

masking tape? it could look ok if you paint it convincingly.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

A duct or raceway is probably the cleanest way to do it if you can't go into the ceiling, but like you said those can get pricey depending on what you want. Building on uberlizard's idea, maybe use some cardboard to make your own duct and use masking tape and paint to hide it, that way the cables aren't taped in place and can be accessed more easily.

I'd check out your local hardware store, they may have some lower cost options than what you see online, and you could get creative with some diy ideas. If you can find a knowledgeable or creative employee at said store they could probably help bounce ideas around too.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

What about narrow pvc piping? Long runs, can be cut easily, but will they take paint well?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube