add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Powering RGB IR controller box via molex?

TheProPotato

32 months ago

Greetings everyone. I'm attempting/want to know if it's possible to use a molex fan connector taken from a dead fan to power an RGB 5050 IR controller box.

This Is the RGB kit I have which comes with a wall adapter.

And this is a photo of the connector and where I cut into the wall adapter to check out the wires.

So am I correct in assuming that connecting the positive and negative wires of the molex to the respective positive and negative wires of the RGB adapter would allow me to power the controller box via the PSU?

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your motherboard have rgb headers?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

No, it's a Asus H110M if I recall correctly

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube