add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermal pads for gpu back plate?

bimmington
  • 34 months ago

I just got gigabytes 1080 ti and it does not come with a back plate. I'm going to make a back plate and have bought acrylic and spray paint to color it white. i could not find thermal pads though. instead i bought double sided gorilla mounting strips. Will i be fine using this or should i buy some pads online?

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I would like to know this as well.

However I think the double sided gorilla strips might be a bit too strong in case you want to take off the backplate for some reason, I'm just afraid it'd make a mess.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Are there unused holes on the board that are tapped and can accept a screw?

I bought a cold zero backplate after realizing there were available screw holes on my r9 280x gpu.

Maybe check the cold zero site and see what they've done for that card - http://www.coldzero.eu/gtx-1080ti-gaming/3304-gigabyte-gtx-1080ti-gaming-layout-1-1.html

Looks like they've used screws to affix the backplate to the card. Maybe they can tell you the correct screw size?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube