add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help on asus aura.

TheEpix456
  • 33 months ago

Hey guys, My PC looks really boring so I decided Im gonna need some rgb but I have an itx case and a 7600k so the only motherboard I can get only has 1 aura header so I may need some help with the rgb. Im gonna be using ; 3 Akasa Vegas X7 fans, 16gb kit of G.Skill trident z rgb ram, Gtx 1080 ftw, and a phanteks led strip starter kit. (I might have problem)

Any help is appreciated (I need alot)

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The phantek strips are over priced, along with most of the name brand LED strips. Almost all of them are 5050 RGB LED (some are RGB+W) strips which you can get at a MUCH better price through generics like this 16ft strip and a couple RGB connectors to connect to your motherboard.

I've used these strips in my current build Node Way!. Very easy to use, far better sticky back than I was expecting (and the adhesive doesn't leave any kind of residue if you peel them off and re-place them in a new position).

One other thing to consider about RGB strips. The RGB LEDs on the mother board, the ram, and some other components are individual addressable RGB LED's. Meaning each LED can be set to a specific color. All the LED strips you will be able to use with your MB header will be a single addressable strip. Meaning the color of 1 LED will be the same as the rest of the strip. You can get individually addressable LED strips like this one but itwill have to have it's own controller and a way to connect it to a 5v connector. Motherboard will not be able to control these, though there might be something out there that allows you to connect it to the PC somehow. At a point it wasn't wroth the effort to try and do that, for me that is.

Good luck!

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help guys.

• 33 months ago
  • 0 points

well for the ram you dont need any aura cables. i think phanteks strips and the aura header are compatible so just plug it in

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the 1080 and the fans?

• 33 months ago
  • 0 points

the fans will work just by pluging them in i think and the gpu does not need an aura plug you just put it in and download the evga software and control it there

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube