add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a quick opinion...

DoHbOyBlAzEd

71 months ago

I have the option to buy another GTX 780 on ebay for $480 (CDN) brand new. It is the EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked with Reference cooler. In the picture and description it had the ACX version listed, which would match my current card (hence why I bid to begin with). After contacting the seller, he explained that it was his mistake and would allow me to retract my bid.

Locally the card is $570 + 13% sales tax = $645

My price would be $480ish shipped to my door

My question is, would you still buy it?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You can still run that in SLI with your current card, and it's 160 off. I'd totally buy it

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have two problems with it.

1) Aesthetically it wont be as nice, because it won't match the other card

2) Temperatures are substantially higher with the reference cooler

I did pick up my first one for $400 used (only 2 months old), so it's not like I'm getting an amazing deal.

Am I just being nit picky and looking past a decent deal?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a solid deal, and it's also not uncommon to see an SLI setup with one reference cooler and one open-air cooler (the reference cooler being on the bottom) so that one isn't feeding hot air to the other.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It's still a pretty good deal, although if aesthetics really matter that much, I wouldn't get it. Temps will be slightly higher, but that's the case in any SLI setup anyways. You could always watercool them... In the end, it's still your choice

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I ended up grabbing it, worked out to $490. I really cant complain at this price. I doubt I will be able to overclock it as high as the my ACX one, but really, who needs to overclock when you have 2 x GTX 780...

Not to mention, I haven't even went and picked up a 1440P monitor yet lol

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha you won't even need to overclock for 1440, most likely. 2 780s should be decent for a long long time

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol this is true. I over clock to benchmark and that's about it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. I would buy it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube