add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How Can I Save My Suffocating GPU?

PeekOfGaming

32 months ago

It sits near the bottom of an OEM case, blowing air at the bottom and the heat just bounces back up. What can I do to get the heat out of the case? But a fan on the bottom?

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

well i would maybe drill a hole in the bottom or use a fan to blow the heat away and to a exhaust fan

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm thinking about the holes in the bottom. I would need to get legs for the case, as it already sits flat on the floor.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

there are many nice legs. you can buy aluminium standoffs or just build them yourself

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

blowing air at the bottom and the heat just bounces back up.

I pretty much doubt it works that way. The cooler sucks in air and spreads it on the heat spreaders so they have a better efficiency than just being passive coolers.

Though having not much room at the bottom of the case can adversely effect cooling.

Can you take a picture of it and share it in the original post?

What about the case? Does it have case fan mounting options?

It would be really helpful to see what your build is (both pictures and details about the case and the GPU).

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Cards dont blow air out through their fans, they blow air from the outside of them to their insides to cool its core components which is then released through the fins on the sides. Unless theres no air at the bottom, it should be fine.

If its really flush against the case, you have a few options like going for a slimmer blower style card or changing the GPU cooler for a kraken G12 to apply an AIO cooler instead.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

If your case has a ventilated side, you can try doing what I did to help keep my graphics card cooler. I bought some fans and used zip ties to hold them in place with the holes in the side panel. I imagine your case has zero front intake support like mine, so this will definitely help. My gpu is also close down to the bottom of the case.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube