• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Glaringphoenix 2 months ago

So I just got a used GTX 660 Ti from my friend for my first build and I only have a VGA in for my monitor. So would a converter (that is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Gold-Plated-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00ZMV7RL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492735877&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=vga+female+to+hdmi&psc=1) cause any input lag/are they just sketchy in general?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

Vareten 2 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Your 660Ti should have a DVI output. Use a DVI to VGA adapter, then you can just use a standard VGA cable. Something like this one.

I think you need a DVI output with at least an analog signal. You can tell the difference in DVI interfaces by the 4 pins surrounding the large horizontal square pin. If they're there it's likely outputting analog or analog and digital. If there are no 4 pins then it's only digital.

Glaringphoenix submitter 1 point 2 months ago

So on the back of the graphics card there are both types of DVI (flat line and the pins). So is there preference to which one I use?

Thanks

Vareten 2 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Yea, so if you use the one with the square arrangement of 4 pins with the flat line you can use a super cheap adapter like the one I linked. Hell, you might even find one at a second hand store or something because they're often supplied with thin clients and graphics cards. It takes the analog signal of DVI-I/DVI-A and converts it into the VGA interface.

Then just use a VGA cable to your monitor from the adapter.