add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Fleetleader101
  • 38 months ago

Trying to keep it under $750. Wanting to do some development and gaming on a tight budget. I will be buying legit windows 10 so don't imply anything on that. I would love to squeeze in and SSD if possible. Any advice guys?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ Amazon
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $67.99 @ Amazon
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC Video Card $209.99 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $62.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ B&H
Other Ryzen 5 CPU $170.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $780.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-27 14:58 EDT-0400

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want, you could wait until the end of the year for the Ram cost to lower. There have been higher demands for faster and more ram, so the ram companies are also on a shortage, which accounts for their higher cost.

I was able to get a 16 gb ram of a higher speed for about the same price as yours 6 months ago.

For the SSD, I think simply spending an extra 70 bucks would be more worth it, than sacrificing some other pieces. Your build is very solid and "Hot Red".

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

If you want, you could wait until the end of the year

funny... lol

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha, I can't wait for that long either though:D

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Prices of ram are abusive.... I bought 16gb of ddr4 last year for 59 bucks and now I had to buy one sodimm (1X8gb) for 55 bucks. Its insane!!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea! , Hopefully the Ram companies can increase production with their now upgraded equipment by the end of this year.

But, by then, there would probably be the GTX 2000 series of something ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I noticed ram is very expensive in DDR4 my DDR3 is like half the cost... oh well he wants it now. I'm actually building this for a couple my wife and I know.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you planning on 1080p gaming? If so go for the rx 480 4gb, the 8gb of vram isnt necessary ☺

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes he is. Can u suggest a good 4gb card?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Rx 480 4gb

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I would even consider the 470. It will game really well and can be found around 100 right now.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If he can fit the rx 480, get the 480, why recommend a slower card?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

A 480 is quite expensive for such a tight budget, maybe a 470? or maybe like a 1050ti?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I think thats a good suggestion.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

at $750 you can fit a 480 quite easily

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

True, but maybe to invest that other money to possibly a better CPU and motherboard. But for gaming then yeah a good rx 480 4gb should be good too.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

But for gaming then yeah a good rx 480 4gb should be good too.

I agree, the 4gb model is perfect

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

For the RAM, you could just get the RGB RAM from Corsair and it's pretty cheap, ~$100.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No because the high end R5's have 12 threads and the R7's have 16 threads. If you're rendering or doing anything workstation related then 16 threads is considerably better than 12.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be way better than either of those but in terms of multi core performance, the R7's are much better than the R5's

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the case, didn't realize tempered glass was the cheap anymore?

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Any other cases you would recommend?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube