PCPartPicker

• Register

Good Mechanical Keyboard for around $100-140?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

CaptainJKW 7 months ago

Title says it all. Please give me some options and brands. Also i have looked into mice. I found the Razer Deathadder to be Nice, but my friend also recomended the Steelseries Rival series. Help me!!

Comments Sorted by:

kylecharest 4 points 7 months ago

The Logitech g pro keyboard has been getting good reviews online. Not sure if you need a 10 keypad or not.

MannyPCs 2 points 7 months ago

Corsair K70 lux RGB FTW! And you cant go wrong withthe Logitech G502, it is a great mouse

InvaderGir 2 points 7 months ago

For the keyboard I'd stick with the regular and most common/popular Cherry MX switches like in the Corsair Strafe/Lux, and for the mouse I'd go for the Logitech G502 since it has one of the best if not the best sensors and more buttons.

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 7 months ago
DictatorShadow 1 point 7 months ago

Razer deathadder is a really amazing mouse, as for keyboards here's the main ones you'll probably be recommended: Razer Blackwidow V2 Corsair RGB Strafe

CaptainJKW submitter 1 point 7 months ago

What about the Corsair Strafe Cherry MX switches red?

And is the 6.400 dpi enough? Or should i get the Steelseries Rival 300?

DPI/sensitivity can help with a mouse and keeping consistency between (mostly FPS) games. I use 1,500 and still need to use my wrist a bit but the Mamba goes up to 16000 (which is basically a spinbot)

Personal preference, but Razer has best ergonomics.

So if i could choose between Razer Deathadder 6.400 dpi and Logitech g502, I should choose Razer?

Personal preference honestly. But if you pick Razer get the deathadder Elite (is that 6.4k dpi? idk)

Here's a tip: they have both on sale at best buy and they will most likely have them on display to test.

Khaosix 19 Builds 1 point 7 months ago

This is going to be the most opinionated post ever and for good reason... Everybody is different.

Here are some things that I've found over the years working with clients..

• Stick to a keyboard with Cherry MX switches (Stay away from boards that use proprietary keys)
  • Figure out exactly what type of key you want (Blue, Brown, Red, Black, etc)
  • Consider size for your desk and hand placement on that desk
  • Aesthetics

With those being said, I went to Gamescom and played on a bunch of different keyboards and ended up getting a Roccat Ryos MK Pro with Cherry Black keys. They are like Red keys but a little stiffer (I was getting accidental key presses on Reds). But once again, this comes down to personal preference.. There are a lot of good boards out there and each one is simultaneously the worst and also the best for a different user in a different situation..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $189.75 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $68.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $104.97 @ Jet
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card $184.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.88 @ OutletPC
Optical Drive LG GH24NSC0B DVD/CD Writer $16.88 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $88.58 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $886.26
Mail-in rebates -$25.00
Total $861.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-25 17:56 EDT-0400
Khaosix 19 Builds 1 point 7 months ago

I don't know why you posted this, but change the PSU and get a 2x8GB ram kit. Also, consider buying an SSD for your computer, even if it means buying one instead of a 1TB HDD. You can always add it later if you don't have the money now for both.

Ups sorry it wasn't meant to be here hehe, but thanks for the suggestions.